Signs Your Dryer Vent Needs to Be Cleaned
When was the last time you thought about your dryer vent? If it’s been a while then chances are you should give it some thought now. Dryer vents are very important as they push the air from your dyer outside of your home. The problem is, many people never give them a second thought, which can lead to trouble.
When you don’t clean your dryer vent regularly the lint and debris from your clothes builds up and bit can begin to clog your dryer vent. This can be serious fire hazard. A dryer vent fire can lead to serious damage and even worse serious injury or death in some circumstances.
Therefore, it’s extremely important to get your dryer vent cleaned. The following are a few signs that your vent is dirty and needs to be cleaned:
- It takes longer for your clothes to dry
- Your clothes don’t smell clean out of the dryer
- Your clothes are hot to the touch
- More lint than usual gathers in the lint trap
- Debris starts to gather around the outside vent opening
- The laundry room or closet feels extra warm
These are a few of the signs that your dryer vent is due for a cleaning. Don’t be the victim of a senseless dryer vent fire. Know the signs and don’t ignore them if you see them. You can contact Better Air Northwest to clean your dryer vent in the Portland/Vancouver area by clicking here.