You’ve probably heard a lot about duct cleaning, but what’s true and what’s a myth? We’re here to clear the air.
Don’t assume your air ducts clean themselves or that you can do it all on your own.
It’s not just households with pets, smokers, or humidifiers that need it. Duct cleaning benefits outweigh the cost, and it’s certainly not a one-time deal.
Let’s debunk these misconceptions together and ensure you’re breathing cleaner, healthier air.
Air Ducts Ducts Can Clean Themselves
Despite what you’ve heard, air ducts can’t clean themselves, requiring professional services for proper maintenance. You may think that your ductwork stays clean due to the air circulating through it, but that’s not the case. Dust, allergens, and other pollutants can accumulate, reducing the efficiency of your HVAC system and impacting indoor air quality.
Sure, changing the filters regularly can help, but it’s not enough. Over time, debris can build up in the duct system, and without professional cleaning, this buildup can lead to more significant issues. These can range from higher energy bills as your system works harder to health problems due to poor air quality.
Don’t fall for myths; invest in professional duct cleaning to keep your home’s air healthy and your system efficient.
I Can Thoroughly Clean My Own Air Ducts
You might believe you can thoroughly clean your own air ducts, but it’s a task that often requires a professional expert technician. Sure, you can remove some dust using a household vacuum, but a deep clean isn’t that simple.
It involves specialized equipment and knowledge of HVAC systems. The ductwork in your home is extensive and complex, and reaching every nook and cranny isn’t easy. It’s not just dust you’re dealing with, either. Mold, bacteria, and allergens are also often present, and these require specific treatment to remove effectively.
Furthermore, improper cleaning can actually damage your ductwork, leading to costly repairs. So, while it’s tempting to DIY, it’s usually more efficient and safer to hire a professional.
Air Duct Cleaning Moves Dust Into Your Home’s Living Spaces
It’s a common misconception that air duct cleaning moves dust into your home’s living spaces, but in fact, professional cleaning reduces the number of airborne particles.
1. Sealed system: Professionals use a sealed system while cleaning, preventing dust from escaping into your home.
2. High-powered vacuum: They employ high-powered vacuums, extracting dust and debris directly from your duct system.
3. Filtration process: The extracted air undergoes a filtration process, ensuring any released air is clean.
So, you see, professional duct cleaning doesn’t spread dust around your home. Instead, it removes potential allergens, improving your indoor air quality.
Only Homes with Humidifiers, Pets, or Smokers Need Duct Cleaning
Contrary to popular belief, duct cleaning isn’t just for homes with humidifiers, pets, or smokers. It’s actually beneficial for all homes, regardless of living conditions.
Over time, dust, pollen, and other allergens can accumulate in your ductwork, potentially affecting your indoor air quality. You might not even realize you’re breathing in these particles every day, leading to allergies or respiratory issues.
Regular duct cleaning can help maintain a healthier living environment. It’s not about the presence of specific factors but about the passage of time and the inevitable buildup of pollutants.
Air Duct Cleaning Will Get Rid of All Airborne Contaminants
Despite a common belief, don’t assume that air duct cleaning will get rid of all airborne contaminants. It’s a helpful step, sure, but it’s not an all-encompassing solution. Here’s why:
1. Not all contaminants are in your ducts: Air pollutants can originate from multiple sources like furniture, carpets or even outdoor air.
2. Cleaning doesn’t mean disinfecting: While duct cleaning removes dust and debris, it doesn’t necessarily kill bacteria or viruses that may be lurking.
3. Air filters matter: If you’re not regularly changing or cleaning air filters, they can become a breeding ground for contaminants.
Duct Cleaning Is a One Time Thing
Often, you might think that duct cleaning is a one-time thing, but that’s not always the case. This misconception can lead to neglecting the maintenance service of your air ducts, causing several problems in the long run.
Here are three reasons why you need to schedule regular duct cleaning:
1. Allergens and dust particles can accumulate over time. If you don’t clean your ducts regularly, these can cause respiratory issues.
2. Regular cleaning helps maintain the efficiency of your HVAC system. Neglecting this could lead to increased energy bills.
3. Mold and mildew can grow in your ducts if they aren’t cleaned regularly, posing a health risk.
Don’t fall victim to common misunderstandings about duct cleaning. It’s not a one-off task; it’s an ongoing responsibility.
Better Air Northwest Will Professionally Clean Your Ducts so You Can Reap All the Benefits
With Better Air Northwest, you’ll get your ducts professionally cleaned and enjoy all the benefits this service offers. You’ll no longer need to worry about dust, pollen, debris, or any other unwanted elements circulating through your home or business.
Following the National Air Duct Cleaners Association’s recommendation, your ducts should be cleaned every three to five years. This isn’t just about cleanliness; it’s about your health and the efficiency of your system.
The cleaning of ductwork means less dust in your property and improved air quality. An efficient system can also save you money on energy bills.
Contact us if it is time for your home to get duct cleaning.
Other quality services we provide:
- Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
- Professional Air Duct Cleaning Services
Visit our Reviews page to see what other customers have to say about our air duct cleaning company.